Student Services

SMIC has a dedicated Student Services Hub which will support your learning, professional development and stay in Sydney from your arrival through to after graduation. Adjusting to a new culture and environment is exciting and also challenging. We will help you understand what’s required of you as an international student, and the opportunities and support available at SMIC.

COVID-19 International Student Welfare (Study NSW)

The Services Hub provide a wide range of support services for international students including:
  • Academic support service
  • Accommodation and job support
  • Career development
  • pre-departure information
  • airport pickup service on your arrival in Sydney (this must be booked and paid in advance)
  • an international orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Sydney and studying at SMIC
  • support as you settle into life in Sydney and at SMIC
  • assistance with College processes specific to international students
  • help understanding what is expected of you as a student visa holder
  • assistance with health issues and referral to health services
  • social activities, events and information sessions
  • help to become involved in your local community
  • assistance and support with cultural issues
  • Counselling and personal support and advice.
Student Services
SMIC offers a range of information technologies to support your learning experience and help you engage with the College community. This include services for:
  • Computer access
  • Email
  • mySMIC
  • Moodle access
  • Password assistance
  • Wifi connection
  • Printing

Please get in touch with the IT team via College’s IT Officer if you need assistance.

You will need to consider both the cost of your tuition fees and the cost of living in Sydney. There are many sources of advice and support available if you’re dealing with issues of a financial nature. These issues may range from needing to look for a job or assistance with paying tuition expenses, to obtaining information on housing and transport.
  • SEEK online job search
  • StudyAssist information for students about Government assistance for financing tertiary study
  • The Department of Home Affairs requires all international students on student visas and their families (on 'dependant' visas) to pay for health insurance during their stay in Australia.