SMIC has a dedicated Student Services Hub which will support your learning, professional development and stay in Sydney from your arrival through to after graduation. Adjusting to a new culture and environment is exciting and also challenging. We will help you understand what’s required of you as an international student, and the opportunities and support available at SMIC.
- Academic support service
- Accommodation and job support
- Career development
- pre-departure information
- airport pickup service on your arrival in Sydney (this must be booked and paid in advance)
- an international orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Sydney and studying at SMIC
- support as you settle into life in Sydney and at SMIC
- assistance with College processes specific to international students
- help understanding what is expected of you as a student visa holder
- assistance with health issues and referral to health services
- social activities, events and information sessions
- help to become involved in your local community
- assistance and support with cultural issues
- Counselling and personal support and advice.
- Computer access
- Moodle access
- Password assistance
- Wifi connection
Please get in touch with the IT team via College’s IT Officer if you need assistance.
- SEEK online job search
- StudyAssist information for students about Government assistance for financing tertiary study
- The Department of Home Affairs requires all international students on student visas and their families (on 'dependant' visas) to pay for health insurance during their stay in Australia.